Fancy blogging for Smitten by Britain? Here’s your chance. Guest blogging is a great way to share your love of Britain with like minded readers while building your writing portfolio. It’s also a great way to gain exposure for you own blog.
If you’re keen, please read the requirements below first. Once you understand the requirements, email smittenbybritain at hotmail dot com. (Please do not leave a comment on the blog.)
*I’m looking for personal bloggers only.
Guest blogging requirements:
- All content submitted must be original content written exclusively for Smitten by Britain. Guest bloggers must agree not to publish the same content on other websites including their own.
- I am looking for guest bloggers who are seriously committed to writing posts for at least a year. Please only enquire if you are willing to commit.
- I would prefer guest bloggers with writing experience who can provide examples for review, although I am willing to consider all serious enquiries.
I’m looking for writers in the following content areas:
1. Scotland blogger – I’m looking for a blogger living in Scotland. Expats welcome to apply. You may write about Scottish traditions and travel. I would prefer original photographs so if you’re handy with a camera this may be for you. A post once a month will be lovely.
2. London Blogger – Are you bonkers for Britain’s capital city? Why not share the love? I’m looking for someone living in London or originally from London, willing to write about their favourite places in the city and some surprises too. Great photos are a must! Two posts per month please..
3. British Films and Actors- I’m looking for a film buff to write about their favourite British films as well as what’s coming up in the New Year. Concentrate on upcoming British film releases as well as writing biographies of some of Britain’s best actors. Feel free to write about other forms of entertainment including British music and theatre. A monthly post is required.
4. Expat bloggers – some of the most popular posts on my blog have been written by expats who like to share their experiences, specifically how they deal with cultural differences. I have one or two such bloggers at the moment, but more are welcome. A monthly post please.
5. Broken Britain blogger – Every once in a while I receive an email from a reader who suggests that Smitten by Britain views the UK through rose-coloured glasses. So I’m inviting a guest blogger to smash some of the stereotypes the rest of the world believes about Britain. Tell us why Great Britain isn’t the utopia we think it is. While these posts may be controversial, they must remain respectful. If you think you have the chops, feel free to apply. A monthly post will be required.
Note: I am looking for personal bloggers and writers keen on adding to their writing portfolio or attracting more readers to their own blogs. I am not able to compensate for articles other than offering the usual promotion on social media.
Smitten by Britain has approximately 19, 000 readers by newsletter and on social media. Your guest post will be shared on all outlets to give your writing the greatest amount of exposure.
Thank you for your interest!