BBC Home Entertainment has released all thirteen blockbuster episodes from the seventh series of the iconic sci-fi series Doctor Who on Blu-ray and DVD. In addition, the set collects the 2011 and 2012 Christmas Specials, and exciting bonus features including behind-the-scenes featurettes, “Doctor Who at Comic Con”, the BBC AMERICA specials “The Companions” and “Doctor Who in the US,” and more. These latest adventures test the Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith) and prove that even a madman with a box needs help sometimes.
Say farewell to the Ponds all over again. Meet the enigmatic Clara for the first time – and the second, and the third. Face enemies new and old, follow the Doctor to the one place he should never go, and learn the secret to a really great soufflé. With a cliffhanger ending that will leave fans breathless, this set arrives just in time to catch up before the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special on November 23, and the Doctor’s regeneration in this year’s Christmas Special.
In The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe, the 2011 Doctor Who Christmas Special, the Doctor proves that sometimes wishes really do come true when his mysterious gift leads Madge Arwell and her two children to a magical wintry wonderland. Then, in the first part of series seven, the Ponds (Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill) make their final voyages with the Doctor. They save a spaceship full of dinosaurs, don Stetsons in the Wild West and are even kidnapped by the Doctor’s oldest foe. But when they arrive in Manhattan the Weeping Angels are waiting for them – and the Doctor has to say goodbye to his companions forever.
The 2012 Christmas special, The Snowmen, brings the Doctor a new friend (Jenna-Louise Coleman) in Victorian London – but has he already met her before? And will she be able to pull him from his mourning in time to save London from the chilling menace that threatens it? The final eight episodes of series seven see the Doctor and his new companion battle monsters on distant alien planets, become trapped in a Russian submarine with a deadly passenger, chase terrifying ghosts, and come face-to-face with an army of upgraded Cybermen. When his friends are kidnapped, the Doctor and Clara are forced to visit the fields of Trenzalore, where the question that must never be answered is finally asked… and the Doctor uncovers the secret of the Impossible Girl.
The incredible list of guest stars includes John Hurt (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy), Warwick Davis (Willow, the Harry Potter films) Liam Cunningham (Game of Thrones), David Warner (Titanic, TRON), Dougray Scott (Hemlock Grove, Ever After: A Cinderella Story), Ben Browder (Farscape), David Bradley (Game of Thrones) Jessica Raine (Call The Midwife, The Woman in Black), the mother-daughter duo of Dame Diana Rigg (Game of Thrones) and Rachael Stirling (Women in Love, Snow White and the Huntsman), and the voice of Sir Ian McKellan (The Lord of The Rings films). The episodes are written by lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat, as well as Neil Gaiman, Mark Gatiss, Neil Cross, Chris Chibnall, Toby Whithouse and Stephen Thompson.
- Behind the scenes featurettes for every episode of Series 7 plus The Snowmen
- Interviews with Matt Smith and Jenna-Louse Coleman from BBC AMERICA’s The Nerdist
- All-new featurettes INFORARIUM, Clara and the TARDIS, and Rain Gods
- Other featurettes including: The Making of the Gunslinger, Creating Clara, Last Days of the Ponds, and Pond Life
- Doctor Who Specials: The Science of Doctor Who, Doctor Who in the US, The Companions, and Doctor Who at Comic Con
- Prequels to episodes: The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe, Asylum of the Daleks, The Snowmen (x3), The Bells of Saint John and The Name of the Doctor (x2)
- Audio commentary for episodes: The Snowmen, Cold War, Hide, and The Crimson Horror
Enter now to win a copy of Doctor Who The Complete Seventh Series on DVD.
Here’s how to enter:
1. You must be a U.S. resident.
2. Leave a comment below with your email address.
3. Please share this giveaway on Twitter or Facebook (although not a requirement.)
4. Enter by Friday 25 October.
The winner will be chosen the following Monday.
Disclosure: I did not receive any payment or product in return for hosting this giveaway.