For the first time ever, the full unedited version of The Thick of It: Season 1-4 is out on DVD. The Thick of It smashes its way through the corridors of power in a bulldozer of amusing slip-ups and sharp satire. This brilliant and hilarious series chronicles the blunders of the fictitious Department of Social Affairs and Citizenship, a government department barely registering on the national radar. It stars Peter Capaldi (the new Doctor Who) as the foul-mouthed Director of Communications, Malcolm Tucker.
In this Ministry, every announcement is followed by a whirlwind of u-turns, every policy is a scramble and every mishap is met with abuse from the Prime Minister’s policy enforcer. Garlanded with rave reviews and packed with awards, this irreverent, brilliant, and painfully funny series is justly seen as a jewel in the BBC’s crown.
• Includes Seasons 1-4 and both specials: “The Rise of the Nutters” and “Spinners and Losers”
• Commentary by writer and director, Armando Iannucci
• Deleted scenes and outtakes
• Out of the Thick of It – One 10-minute behind-the-scenes featurette for each episode of Season Three
• Production photo galleries with commentary
Enter now to win this great box set!
1. You must be living in the U.S.
2. You must leave a comment with your email address. (Please make sure that you check this email address regularly including your junk mail folder.) You must comment on this post, NOT on social media. Social media entries will not count.
3. Please share this contest on Facebook and Twitter.
4. Deadline to enter is Friday August 30.
The winner will be chosen the following Monday.
Disclosure: I did not receive any payment or product in return for hosting this giveaway.