It’s a new year and a new call for guest writers on Smitten by Britain. If you’re a Britophile and want to share your passion for all things British, this is your opportunity to reach an audience of nearly 11,000 readers. If you’re a blogger yourself, this is a chance to have your blog seen by more readers.
I’m looking for regular writers and occasional guest bloggers on the follow areas:
1. Royal Reporter – If you’re mad about all things Royal this spot is for you. I’m looking for a regular writer to keep my readers up to date on news about the Monarchy and with a royal baby on the way, it’s going to be a busy year! I would like someone willing to write two to four posts per month.
2. Tea & Foods Writer – I’m looking for someone to write about the traditions and customs around Britain’s favourite drink as well as a foodie to blog about traditional British fare. I would prefer a writer willing to supply at least one post per month.
3. Downton Abbey Blogger – It’s the U.K.’s most popular export at the moment and if you can’t get enough of anything related to Downton Abbey, this is the job for you. Smitten by Britain already has two bloggers writing about TV so what I’m looking for here is a Downton Head who wants to do in-depth pieces on the characters, the actors, the location and Downton mania in general. One or more posts a month please.
4. Cultural Reporter – This would be a good opportunity for a British or American expat who enjoys writing about the differences between British and American cultures. Since I’m a news junkie it would also be nice to have articles discussing current events and how you view them through the eyes of an Expat. These types of articles tend to generate the largest discussions and traffic. I would like to have at least one post a month please.
5. A Londonista – Are you bonkers for Britain’s capital city? Why not share the love? I’m looking for someone living in London willing to write about their favourite places in the city and some surprises too! It would be great to have someone handy with a camera as well. One or two entries a month from a London blogger will be great!
6. British Films and Entertainment – I already have two British television bloggers so I’m looking for a film buff to write about their favourite British films as well as what’s coming up in the new year. Feel free to write about other forms of entertainment including British music and theatre. If you’re keen, I would like a monthly post at a minimum.
7. Travel Writers – As always I’m looking for writers living in Great Britain to write about their neck of the woods. I’m especially looking for bloggers living in Scotland and Wales as the blog is a bit anemic in articles about those countries. I would prefer original photographs so if you’re handy with a camera this may be for you. A post once a month will be lovely.
Please note I am looking for personal bloggers and writers keen on adding to their writing portfolio or attracting more readers to their own blogs. I am not able to compensate for articles other than offering the usual promotion on social media. Regular writers will also be featured on the Guest Writers page.
If you’re interested in guest writing please email me at smittenbybritain at hotmail dot com.
If you are a business looking for promotion please contact me for special terms.
Thank you in advance for all the interest!